Fresh, red fruits and floral notes.
Current vintage.- 2019-
Variety.- 100% Grenache
Harvest & Elaboration.- Hand -harvested during the first half of September. This wine is made from the first juice released after loading garnacha grapes into the tanks, so called “mosto flor”, that holds very fragant aromas. Fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks at low temperature.
Wood aging.- unoaked
Tasting note.- We find floral a red fruits on the nose and, in the mouth. it is fruity, fresh and balanced.
Food pairing.- Appetizers, Grilled vegetables, fish, soups, pasta and salads.
- Alcohol content.- 13%
- Total acidity.- 5,80 gr/l (tartaric a.)
- Volatile acidity.- 0,40 gr/l (acetic a.)
- Residual sugar.- <2 gr/l
Ratings and Reviews
- Review: Wine Advocate #181 Feb 2009
- 89 rating
- Review: Wine Advocate #188 Apr 2010
- 86 rating “Medium pink with aromas strawberry and chery. Dry, crisp, and balanced…”
- Review: Wine Advocate #195 Jun 2011
- 88 rating. “…excellent balance and a fruit-filled, refreshing finish. …“
- Review: Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar #159 Nov/Dec 2011
- 89 rating “… This will be very flexible at the table and represents outstanding value.“
- Review: Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar #164 Sept/Oct 2012
- 89 rating “…Firm-edged acidity gives lift and bite to the juicy red fruit flavors that show good clarity. Finishes clean and dry, with focus and spicy persistence”.
- Review: Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar #170 Sept/Oct 2013
- 89 rating “… Shows good depth as well as energy, finishing with tangy cut and lingering spiciness”
- Review: VINOUS Jan-2016
- 90 rating “Light, bright pink. Intense aromas of fresh red berries and rose oil, with suggestions of white pepper and dusty minerals adding vivacity. Spicy and incisive on the palate, offering tangy redcurrant and strawberry flavors and a touch of bitter orange zest. The long, red fruit-driven finish is clean, nervy and focused, with no excess fat. There’s serious bang for the buck here.”
- Review: The Wine Advocate, Issue #234 December 2017. Vintage 2017
- 89 Rating. “The perfumed and peachy 2017 Rosado was bottled in October 2017 with more Garnacha in the blend than in previous years, almost a blanc de noirs, without skin contact. It has a pale bright-pink color, a fruit-driven nose, with notes of berries and a hint of roses, and a very tasty palate with a pleasant bitterness in the finish.”
- Review: VINOUS Magazine, June 2018.
- 90 Rating. “Lurid orange-pink. Vibrant, expansive strawberry and tangerine aromas, carry a suave floral overtone. Juicy and seamless in texture, offering gently sweet red fruit flavors that become livelier with aeration. Smoothly blends depth and energy and finishes long and sappy, featuring a building floral echo and spicy jolt of white pepper. This pink wine has the richness to work with full-flavored foods and the nerviness to enjoy all by itself. It’s an outstanding value to boot.”